I am a Columbus, Ohio photographer (but willing to travel)! Call me or email me to capture your big moments.
kmnicoll@gmail.com or 614-556-6285.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Even Photography: Highland Youth Garden

I am lucky to get some great volunteer opportunities.  This fall, I was invited to take pictures at the Healthy Harvest Day for the Highland Youth Garden.
This community garden gives children a chance to get their hands dirty and experience the wonder of growing things.  Many volunteers donate their time and talents to make this happen.  

Kids from the elementary school across the street spent the day in the garden harvesting and tasting veggies.

They learned about nutrition and science.

They did activities in the garden.

The colors, the fragrances, , the fresh tastes, the sounds... it was magical.

Chefs from OSU prepared and shared gourmet yogurt parfaits and vegetable stir-fries.

There was dancing and music.

This is my brother Erik.  He volunteers at the garden.  He installed the irrigation system... he is an expert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment